13 questions on this one. Anybody can take it. Even those who don't have an OTP. It's dealing with definitions so answer to the best of your understanding of the term. Also, I use OTP, but OT3s and OT4s are also applicable. :)
Hello, metafandom folks! Just a friendly reminder that this poll is about definitions. Which of the following qualities are required for an OTP? This may not necessarily match with your own personal OTP-age (For example. You may not hold with the belief that the characters have to be soulmates is a requirement for OTP-age, but in your specific OTP, you do think of them as such). Enjoy!
1. Do you have an OTP?
2. Is it possible to have more than one OTP per show?
3. Is it possible to have more than one OTP overall (So that you might have an OTP for every show you watch)?
4. Is it possible to have a non-canon OTP?
5. Is it possible to have OTP X/Y but still ship either X or Y with other people?
6. Is OTP synonymous with ship?
7. Is it possible to have an OTP but also ship other characters (not including the ones in your OTP) in a particular show?
8. Does having an OTP mean that your entire experience with the show revolves around said pairing?
9. Does having an OTP necessarily require invalidating "enemy" ships?
10. Does having an OTP always reflect a desire to see that ship be consummated in canon?
11. Does having an OTP require believing the characters to be soulmates?
12. Is an OTP always linked with fanfic reading preferences?
13. Going on the assumption that having an OTP means having a strong preferences for a pairing, how strong does this preference have to be to constitute an OTP? 1 = You think the pairing is kinda niftier than most others. 10 = You live, breathe, and dream about this pairing.