1. Joyce's surgery turns out well in this episode, leading us to think that she'll be okay. However, a few episodes down the line, she dies due to a complication involving the surgery. Good play on Joss' part or cheap trick?
2. There is controversy about how this episode portrays the problems in the Buffy/Riley relationship. Some people feel that it pushes the burden all onto Buffy's shoulders. Let's get some questions about this going. Do you think Buffy's being "shut down" was a significant part of the Buffy/Riley breakdown?
3. If you chose "no" in #2, do you think this episode piled the blame on Buffy?
4. Do you think the writers believed that Buffy's being shut down was the primary reason for the Buffy/Riley break-up?
5. Spike spies Riley going to the vamp house. The next night, he takes Buffy there to reveal what Riley was doing. Good thing?
6. At some points, Riley's repeated visitations to the vamps for blood-sucking fun resemble a drug addiction. At other times, the show draws a comparison to infidelity. Which one works best for you?
7. Buffy and Giles get into a disagreement about the bloodsucking-for-cash business. Do you think the Slayer should spend time rooting out the vampire-human feeding dens?
8. Riley stakes Spike with a plastic wood-grain stake and warns Spike to stay away from Buffy.
9. Riley's douchiest act of the episode?
10. Tell me your thoughts on Xander's speech. You know the one. Check all that apply:
11. Biggest douche of the episode?
12. Xander tells Buffy that she took Riley for granted. True?
13. Pretend you're a movie reviewer and give this episode a star rating: